As we all learn more about the spread of the novel coronavirus or COVID-19, the most important recommendation is that we should all be sanitizing our hands by washing them with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand sanitizers. (or with your own DIY hand sanitizer.)
With the number of cases in the US increasing, the demand for sanitizing products has gone up and many stores are completely out. However, you CAN make your own!
Here’s a quick and easy DIY hand sanitizer recipe that you can make to keep your hands clean and body healthy!
- 20+ Graphic Tees That Are Perfect For Summer
- How to Create the Boho Bedroom of Your Dreams
- The Best Birthday Invitations & Where to Find Them!
- How to Make a DIY Face Mask – Easy Tutorials You Should Definitely Try
- How to Lose Belly Fat Fast – 6 Easy Steps
- Simple Flourless Banana Bread
- FREE Floral Adult Coloring Pages For Stress Relief
- Instagram Tips & Tricks (+ FREE Instagram Planner!)
*For the most accurate information on COVID-19 please visit the CDC website.
For this quick and easy DIY hand sanitizer recipe you’ll need isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent), aloe vera gel, and essential oils. You’ll also need a glass bowl or measuring glass, a spoon, a whisk, and a storage container such as a silicone squeezable container.
How to Make Hand Sanitizer
- 3/4 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent)
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel
- 10 drops of essential oil, such as lemon oil or lavender oil
- Pour all ingredients into a glass bowl or measuring glass.
- With a spoon, mix and whisk until the mixture turns into a gel.
- Pour the ingredients into a glass jar or silicone squeeze bottle for use.
- To Use: Spray into hands and rub thoroughly for 30-60 seconds.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and if you did please share it. 🙂